The Koch Foundation supports Catholic non-profit organizations as recognized by the Catholic hierarchy of Rome.
Organizations in the United States are required to meet the following:
- Identified and recognized by United States Official Catholic Directory (OCD) published by P.J. Kenedy & Sons
- Possess a letter from the U.S. IRS proving their exemption from federal taxes (specifically 501(c)(3)).
- Organizations outside the United States must provide a letter of support from the ordinary of their diocese.
- The application must include:
- Evidence of a location’s non-profit
- Non-governmental status equivalent to a public charity as found in the United States.
- The Applicant must identify a Fiscal Agent* within the United States that is personally known to them and can verify the proposed project on their behalf.
*Note: Fiscal Agents must be listed in the United States Official Catholic Directory (OCD).